Position: Assistant Director of Union UMC Day School
Reports to: Director of Union UMC Day School
Type of Position: Full Time
Supervises: Financial /Secretary, Union UMC Day School
Clerical Assistant, Union UMC Day School
Music Teacher, Union UMC Day School
Lead Teachers, Union Day School
Associate Teachers, Union Day School
Minimum General Requirements:
· Four year degree in early childhood education or related field
· Must have good understanding of childhood development
· Must have a valid SC driver’s license
· At least 3 years work experience in childcare setting, public school setting, such as full time childcare or a preschool Kindergarten program. Experience in a church program preferred. DSS supervised program preferred.
· Must have some working knowledge of budgets, personnel issues and supervision
· Good general physical health and the endurance to work hours required to fulfill the job requirements
· Ability to see, hear, speak, move quickly and drive a vehicle
· Some business practices understanding
· Willing to be training in financial software (including ACS training)
The Assistant Director is responsible for helping the Director to coordinate and implement the weekly Day school ministry of Union UMC. This includes, but not limited to activities such as the early bunch, lunch bunch, enrichment classes and full time classes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Help coordinate and implement the Union UMC Day school ministry
· Help supervise, coordinate and evaluate the Day School ministry staff.
· Help design and implement a daily schedule of age appropriate curriculum for all ages served by the Union UMC Day school program.
· Receive and document tuition payments, early bunch, lunch bunch, registration payments, and enrichment payments in the format set forth by the Union UMC Finance Office.
· Help gather or prepare the following information:
o Newsletter and calendar
o Staff evaluations
o Registration forms for the school year
o Reports to state and local agencies (DHEC, DSS, Fire Marshall)
o Children assessments
o Health and safety procedures
o Parent handbook
o Long range plans and training report
o Inventory of educational materials and equipment
o Assignment of all children into age appropriate classes
· Help ensure compliance with criteria and standards mandated by DSS licensing
· Work with the Board of Trustees of Union Church to maintain facilities and ensure compliance with all state and local laws pertaining to church facilities in accordance with government entities.
· Help conduct regular staff meetings and parent meetings.
· Help review all correspondence, small talk newsletters, reports and bulletins for parents relating to the Day school ministry
· Help plan and implement staff development, in-service, CPR and First Aid training.
· Order supplies and equipment to ensure the quality of program is maintained
· Help implement all policies and administrative regulations which relate to the program, personnel and students.
· Help conduct registration for each new school year.
· Help supervise the custodial services as it relates to the Day school program.
· Give tours and meet with prospective families.
· Manage carpool
· Schedule substitutes when staff are absent.
· Plan, coordinate and reserve facilities for special activities.
· Provide program orientation for new employees.
· Responsible for maintaining good public relations.
· Serve as staff member of Union UMC and maintains a close relationship with the church congregation.
· Serve as a resource person for the other committees as necessary.
· Develop correspondence on behalf of Union UMC Day School
· Perform other duties as necessary.
· Must take 20 hours of DSS training annually
· Use verbal discretion at all times regarding confidential information involving students and staff members.
· In charge when the director is absent.
· All Day School staff
· Parents of Children
· Volunteers for Day School Activities
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
To Apply: Please send your resume, along with three references to Kathy Horne, Kathy@unionirmo.org